To promote Dementia Adventure and our mission, to enable people living with dementia to get outdoors, connect with nature, themselves and their community, and retain a sense of adventure in their lives, in all aspects within the community.
This is an ideal role for those unable to give a set commitment each week. We ask for a willingness to represent us at a minimum of one event/activity a month. We will always try to give plenty of notice about upcoming events.
1. Representing Dementia Adventure at local community events such as dementia and memory cafes, Peoples Postcode Lottery events, Women’s Institute, Rotary, U3A and similar groups/organisations
2. Where appropriate, giving short talks to individuals and groups within the area about the work we do
3. Engaging members of the public at these events by talking about our adventures, research, consultancy and training as well as how people can fundraise and/or volunteer for us
4. Running activities at these events such as the ‘memory tree’ in order to involve members of the public
5. Recording enquiries generated from the public and passing this information to the Volunteer Co-ordinator
6. Communicating with a named contact to keep them informed of activities and any support required
7. Collecting and returning Dementia Adventure promotional material from to Old Park Farm, Essex
8. Undertaking any essential training which is in line with Dementia Adventure’s policies and procedures
Outgoing, friendly and happy to talk to members of the public.
Good communication skills.
Influencing and persuading skills.
Passionate about Dementia Adventure’s mission.
Knowledgeable about Dementia Adventure, or eager to learn more.
and confident in answering people’s questions.
What’s in it for me?
The opportunity to boost confidence levels:
The opportunity to develop effective communication and presentation skills.
The chance to be at the heart of the local community, meeting new people and being part of an enthusiastic team.
Regular supervision and support.
Out of pocket travel expenses.
Certificate of Volunteering.
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer policy
- Covered by insurance
- Expenses reimbursed
- Equal opportunities policy
- Written role description
- Volunteer induction
- Ongoing support
- Health and safety policy
More Opportunities from Dementia Adventure
Basingstoke, Hart, Rushmoor,