We are on the look out for volunteers who would be willing to coordinate fundraising within North Hampshire. Raising invaluable funds to enable people living with dementia to get outdoors, connect with nature, themselves and their community, and retain a sense of adventure in their lives.
This is an ideal role for those unable to give a set commitment each week. Volunteers are responsible for managing the hours that they give – the hours would be to suit personal circumstances as the frequency of fundraising events is determined by the volunteer.
Full support is available and the role involves:
1. Organising, promoting and running a variety of fundraising activities/events in your community such as a quiz night, golf day, bake off, coffee morning.
2. Researching and building relationships with possible local supporters including local business owners, encouraging them to fundraise on our behalf.
3. Recruiting friends, family, colleagues and so on, to grow the fundraising group.
4. If possible, cheering on/supporting any volunteers in the area undertaking a challenge event such as a run, cycle or swim.
5. Communicating with the named contact to keep them informed of activities and any fundraising materials or support required
6. Undertaking any essential training which is in line with Dementia Adventure’s policies and procedures.
Good knowledge of the local community.
Outgoing, proactive and self-motivated.
Good communication skills.
Numerate with the ability to keep accurate records.
Good administration skills.
Influencing and persuading skills.
What's in it for you?
The opportunity to gain experience of fundraising.
The opportunity to develop skills in event planning and marketing.
The chance to be at the heart of the local community, meeting new people and being part of an enthusiastic team.
Regular supervision and support.
Out of pocket travel expenses.
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
Where relevant, participation in additional training may be required. Volunteers are asked to adhere to all Dementia Adventure’s current policies and procedures
- Volunteer policy
- Covered by insurance
- Expenses reimbursed
- Equal opportunities policy
- Written role description
Depends on venues for events.
- Volunteer induction
Participation in our induction programme is essential.
- Ongoing support
- Health and safety policy
Mostly out and about fundraising in the local area but some tasks may need carrying out from home.
More Opportunities from Dementia Adventure
Basingstoke, Hart, Rushmoor,