Front of House Volunteers are extremely important to us and make a significant contribution to the smooth running of the Museum by assisting visitors in an informed and friendly manner. As the public face of Museum of Farnham they welcome visitors and are the first point of contact between the organisation and the public. They know which events are happening in the museum and when, and how to deal with a variety of enquiries.
This voluntary position would ideally suit those that have an interest in the work of the Museum, enjoy working with the public and as part of a team.
Skills, Qualifications and Personal Qualities Required
• Good communications skills.
• Have good level of spoken and listening English, particularly when on the telephone.
• Basic numeracy skills
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• Willingness to learn about the history of the museum and Farnham.
• Willingness to learn to use the electronic till and credit card machine.
• Willingness to follow procedures.
• Willingness to seek assistance when necessary.
- Suitable for under 18s
Suitable for 16-18 year olds.
- Training provided
- Volunteer policy
- Covered by insurance
- Equal opportunities policy
- Written role description
- Volunteer induction
- Ongoing support
- Health and safety policy
Commitment Required: Once a week Hours: Mornings 10 a.m. to 1.30 p.m. or Afternoons 1.30 p.m. -5 p.m. (The museum opens to the public at 10 am and closes at 5pm)
The Museum of Farnham
38 West Street