To be a trustee on this Board, we are looking for forward looking, independent thinking people who really want to effect change and support BVA's core purpose "to enable and sustain a confident, resilient and vibrant voluntary and community sector that changes the lives of local communities for the better"
We want to expand our team and attract a wider range of expertise and transferable skills, primarily business development, income generation, finance, and marketing skills, but not limited to those. Experience of the corporate governance role of a Board is also important.
Duties will include :
- Ensuring the organisation delivers its primary purpose by developing and agreeing a long-term strategy
- Ensuring that the organisation complies with its governing document and operates within charity law, company law and any other legislation or regulation and in accordance with defined policies and procedures.
- Ensuring that the organisation applies its resources exclusively in pursuance of its charitable objects for the benefit of the public.
- Holding the CEO to account for the performance of the organisation as defined by its goals and targets that you will agree together.
- Championing and safeguarding the culture, good name and values of the organisation.
- Ensure the financial stability of the organisation.
- Appoint, support, appraise and remunerate the Chief Executive.
For succession planning reasons we will also be looking for a Treasurer who in addition to the general responsibilities of a Trustee will have a role to maintain an overview of the organisation's affairs, ensure its financial viability and ensure that proper financial records and procedures are maintained.
· Strategic vision
· Good independent judgment
· An ability to think creatively
· A willingness to speak their mind
· A clear understanding of the legal duties, responsibilities, and liabilities of trusteeship
· An ability to work effectively as a team member
· A commitment to Nolan’s seven principles of public life: selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty,
· Time commitment required
For the Treasurer position specifically:
· Financial qualifications and experience
· Some experience of charity finance, fundraising and pension schemes
· A willingness to be available to staff for advice and enquiries on an ad hoc basis
The Board meets monthly for approximately 2 hours plus receives regular communication. With preparation, time required approximately 4-5 hours per month plus support at BVA events as appropriate.
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Recruitment Process
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 23/09/2020
End Date: 23/09/2020
The Board meets monthly for approximately 2 hours plus receives regular communication. With preparation, time required approximately 4-5 hours per month plus support at BVA events as appropriate
White Hart Lane