Got a good head for numbers? Want to get involved in supporting Girlguiding locally?
8th Fleet Rainbows are looking for a volunteer with accounting experience to help them with their book keeping. All of the work can be done from home using any software spreadsheet package - we currently use EXCEL or Google Sheets. There are templates available and experienced volunteers from other units for training and support.
You will be required to:
- Keep accurate records of financial transactions and accounts.
- Maintain relevant bank account(s), keeping up to date with any correspondence with the bank on behalf of the organisation.
- Maintain communication with Unit/District/Division/County/Country/Region, advising on financial matters as appropriate.
- Report back to the team on its financial position in order to ensure appropriate use of funds.
- Prepare end-of-year accounts for independent examination.
- Ensure correct financial procedures are in place and maintained.
- Plan future budgeting and present financial forecasts.
While these skills and abilities are not essential when starting, they should be developed as part of the role.
- Experience of book-keeping or financial procedures.
- Excellent numeracy skills.
- High level of organisation and ability to work on own initiative.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
As this role handles finances, you will be required to complete a criminal record check, carried out by a local verifier.
- Age restrictions
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Recruitment Process
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 05/11/2019
End Date: 05/11/2021
Work can be done from home at a time to suit you. The work required would take a couple of hours a week at most so can fit around other commitments.
This opportunity can be carried out whilst working from home.