Parkinson's UK- Basingstoke Branch are looking for a volunteer to Chair their Branch Committee.
The main duties of the Chairperson include:-
- Chairing a meeting of the Branch Committee approximately every two months, having prepared in advance and circulated an Agenda. This meeting would receive feedback and recommended actions from the Committee members.
- Occasional liaison with Parkinson's UK Head Office and Regional managers
- Ad hoc meetings with individuals on the Committee to discuss best way forward on particular points
- Attendance at some of the meetings with our Branch Members, including the AGM.
This role won't consume a large amount of a volunteers time, however there are plenty of other activities within the group that they could get involved with if they would like to.
- This position would suit someone with good leadership skills, possibly a retiree from a business role (for example).
- Personal or family association with Parkinson's is not essential, although empathy for those suffering from it is very important.
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Recruitment Process
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Role is available for an immediate start. Please see adescription above for details regarding hours.
This opportunity is available in the following areas: