The Branch secretary will be closely involved in monitoring the requirements affecting the Branch and its activities, and ensuring that the trustees’ decisions are acted upon, and that all decisions made by the trustees are in accordance with the governing document, reflect the objects of the charity, and continue to provide public benefit.
The secretary should be responsible for keeping the ‘conscience’ of the charity, by way of ensuring that the trustees continue to take decisions and act in line with the governing document, and comply with the relevant legislative and regulatory requirements the charity is subject and to ensure that other meetings such as AGM, and events are properly administered
The secretary will be responsible for keeping a database of members.
· To have good listening, oral and literacy skills.
· To plan and prepare committee meetings and the AGM with others as appropriate. Plan meeting dates, book rooms, send out notifications, minutes and other papers.
· Draw up agendas together with the Chair.
· Minute committee meetings or ensure another minute taker is available.
· Accurately record decisions and actions in the minutes and report to the next committee meeting on the progress of actions and the result of decisions.
· Deal with correspondence, writing letters, emails as agreed at committee meetings, summarizing correspondence/emails received at the next committee meetings and drafting replies as appropriate.
· Making arrangements for any necessary reporting to be done, for example the annual report to members.
· Ensuring that trustee decisions are implemented in accordance with the charity’s governing document or other internal operational procedures.
· Knowledge of Charity law and the voluntary sector is not essential but would be beneficial.
- Age restrictions
Over 18's only
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Recruitment Process
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 01/08/2019
End Date: 01/08/2020
Meetings are held monthly on a Tuesday evening.
This opportunity is available in the following areas: