We offer a weekly community ‘drop-in’ café every Wednesday morning between 10.30 and 12.30. Each week there is a volunteer team in place, 9:30am to 1pm (on a rota basis) to prepare the food, serve the drinks, clear tables and be the friendly face of Age Concern Hampshire.
The volunteers are all supported, trained and managed
by the Volunteer Support Co-ordinator. Responsibilities :
- To provide a warm, friendly welcome to members of the public visiting the Age Concern Café.
- To work as part of a small team setting up the Café, preparing and serving food and drinks, clearing tables, loading and unloading the dishwasher and putting equipment away. (Furniture is moved by the caretaker).
- To adhere to food hygiene guidelines at all times – training provided and should be undertaken
- To take money from members of the public and provide correct change.
- To keep a record of food and drink sold and to list shopping required for the following week.
- To take turns with other volunteers in getting shopping (if car driver)
- To inform the Age Concern office as soon as possible if unable to help on a previously agreed date.
- To undertake induction and ongoing training as required, usually during Café opening hours.
- To pass any enquiries to the Age Concern office.
- To attend occasional volunteer meetings, usually twice a year.
- To adhere to Age Concern Hampshire’s confidentiality policy at all times.
This position would suit someone who is:
- Friendly & Adaptable
- Physically fit and able to stand for a few hours
- Confident about dealing with money and giving correct change
- Enjoys meeting people
- Keen to help others
- Happy to work as part of a team
- Able to give a regular commitment of time, ideally at least once a month
- Willing to undertake training
- Age restrictions
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Recruitment Process
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Wednesday morning between 10.30 and 12.30. Each week there is a volunteer team in place, 9:30am to 1pm (on a rota basis).