YPI provides free counselling and mentoring sessions for 11-25 year olds, offering confidential, safe spaces for young people to talk to a professional counsellor or mentor. Our aim is to equip young people with strategies to enhance their mental and emotional well-being.
The YPI board meet quarterly in person for two hours, and hold monthly insight meetings for an hour via a one hour conference call.
The Chair provides strategic leadership to the Board of Trustees, ensuring that each trustee fulfils their duties and responsibilities for the effective governance of YPI. The Chair will also support, and where appropriate challenge the Chief Executive to provide oversight and governance of YPI.
Ability to provide Strategic Leadership in consultation with the Vice Chair and Board of Trustees
- provides leadership to YPI and its Board, ensuring that YPI fulfils its mission
- is governed by the Board but serves as a leader and ensures the Board operates within its charitable objectives, and provides a clear strategic direction for YPI
- regularly reviews major risks and associated opportunities, and satisfy itself that systems are in place to take advantage of opportunities, and manage and mitigate the risks
Ability to provide Governance, Efficiency and effectiveness
ensures that the governance arrangements are working in the most effective way for YPI
- Is an active member of the Board and Chairs meetings of the Board of Trustees to fulfil YPI’s mission
- sets the Board agenda and assists the Board in setting priorities and strategic action plans
- makes decisions in the best, long-term interests of YPI
- monitors financial reports with the Chief Executives
evaluates YPI Counselling’s results in achieving its goals and missions
o monitors financial reports with the CEO
- appoints Trustees
Relationship with the Chief Executive and the wider management team
- Establish and build a strong, effective and a constructive working relationship with the Chief Executive
- Support the Chief Executive, and where appropriate represent and promote YPI to external stakeholders
- Ensures regular contact with the Chief Executive
- Conducts an annual appraisal and remuneration review for the Chief Executive along with other Trustees.
- Age restrictions
Over 18's only
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Recruitment Process
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 21/08/2019
End Date: 21/08/2022
Board meetings take place on a Wednesday evening.
White Hart Lane