Would you like to raise awareness of the Support4SEND service with professionals, parents and young people? Our
service is very keen to ensure that families and young people with special educational needs or disability know about us.
- give talks and presentations on Support4SEND to groups, schools and colleges
- distribute leaflets at schools and colleges and meet with SEND staff
- support the staff at public engagement events and help to man stands
- network with local agencies/professionals
- help with organising events
Skills and Knowledge
- excellent verbal communication skills
- ability to provide information in an impartial way
- enjoys meeting new people and can relate to a wide range of people
- tact/diplomacy and respect for confidentiality
- own transport
- able to carry literature, banners and other promotional material to events
Previous experience of special educational needs is not required. A background in education, health or social care is
useful, but a willingness to learn and an interest in SEND is essential.
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Training provided
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Expenses reimbursed
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Written role description
- Volunteer induction
- Ongoing support
- Health and Safety Policy
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 27/02/2018
End Date: 29/02/2020
This opportunity is available Countywide.