We are looking for a new Clerk for Aldworth's Educational Trust which makes grants for educational purposes to children and young people who either live or were educated or currently attend school in the Borough of Basingstoke and Deane. Applicants will be in financial need and grants may be awarded for travel, books, equipment or clothing.
The Clerk will work from home primarily, but must be able to attend three evening meetings annually with the trustees.
- Agenda for meetings, date and place set by the Basingstoke Charities' clark.
- Take minutes, photocopy, send out/email prior to meeting with details of applicants.
- Prepare annual statement of account, arrange for it to be examined (in conjunction with the Basingstoke Charities - we share the examiner!)
- Receive correspondence from applicants, send out/email forms, advise of meeting dates etc.
- Keep account of income and expenditure - online banking and electronic storage.
- After the trustees meeting, write to applicants, informing them of decision. Applicants are sent information about the source of the Aldworth money.
- Complete annual return for the charities commision and details of trustee changes.
- From time to time, inform schools of the existence of the trust if neccesary.
- Ensure trustee nominations from Basingstoke Charities and Borough are done so the required nuymber of trustees is maintained.
- Look after the minute book and send to the HRO if neccesary (our archives are there).
- Expenses reimbursed
Honorarium of £100 and postage expenses claimed annually.
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
This opportunity can be carried out whilst working from home.