We are looking for outgoing and proactive people with a good knowledge of their local community to help us raise money and awareness about HIOWAA's work across Hampshire and the Isle of Wight.
The role includes:
- Placing and emptying collection pots within your local area.
- Keeping an accurate record of collection pot locations, alongside the office admin team.
- Proactively visiting present pot locations to ensure the relationship with the venue is maintained.
- Returning the cash collected to the office or counting it and paying it directly into the charity's bank account.
You need to be friendly, outgoing and proactive. You will also need good communication skills along with good administration skills. If banking the money directly, you will need very good numerical skills.
This is up to you and we are completely flexible. The office will contact you when an organisation informs us that a collection pot needs changing and if you are available you can agree to change it.
You will have the chance to gain and develop new skills as well as develop existing skills and a full character reference will be provided upon request. You will also have the opportunity to meet new people and make some great friends along the way.
Although depends on the location of the collection pots.
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
All reasonable expenses will be reimbursed.
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
You will be given full training and shown how to complete the relevant paperwork.
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
This opportunity is available in the following areas: