To promote Dementia Adventure and our mission, to enable people living with dementia to get outdoors, connect with nature, themselves and their community, and retain a sense of adventure in their lives, in all aspects within the community.
Time Commitment and Support
This is an ideal role for those unable to give a set commitment each week. We ask for a willingness to represent us at a minimum of one event/activity a month. We will always try to give plenty of notice about upcoming events. The role is supported by a Volunteer Co-Ordinator as well a other volunteers in the area.
Mostly out and about representing the charity in the local area but some tasks may need carrying out from home.
Description of Tasks:
1. Representing Dementia Adventure at local community events such as dementia and memory cafes, Peoples Postcode Lottery events, Women’s Institute, Rotary, U3A and similar groups/organisations
2. Where appropriate, giving short talks to individuals and groups within the area about the work we do
3. Engaging members of the public at these events by talking about our adventures, research, consultancy and training as well as how people can fundraise and/or volunteer for us
4. Running activities at these events such as the ‘memory tree’ in order to involve members of the public
5. Recording enquiries generated from the public and passing this information to the Volunteer Co-ordinator
6. Communicating with a named contact to keep them informed of activities and any support required
7. Collecting and returning Dementia Adventure promotional material from to Old Park Farm, Essex
8. Undertaking any essential training which is in line with Dementia Adventure’s policies and procedures
Skills and Attributes
Outgoing, friendly and happy to talk to members of the public
Good communication skills
Influencing and persuading skills
Passionate about Dementia Adventure’s mission
Knowledgeable about Dementia Adventure, or eager to learn more,
and confident in answering people’s questions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Recruitment Process
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 21/10/2019
End Date: 31/03/2020
The timings are flexible.
This opportunity has no specific location.