We need organised and passionate individuals who want to support and facilitate community groups for autistic adults in your local community.
Our groups are designed to help autistic adults to meet in a welcoming and non-judgemental setting. We need friendly and caring volunteers to make this happen.
The role will include:
- Welcoming new members to the group and help them settle in.
- Support members to participate in group activities.
- Make suggestions about new group activities.
A new group is being opened in Basingstoke however support is also needed for Serendipity groups across the Hampshire area.
Previous experience of assisting in community groups is desirable, but not essential as full training will be provided.
• Interest in supporting autistic adults
• Good listener
• Can offer support in a non-judgemental way
- Age restrictions
Not suitable for under 18s
- Current Driving Licence
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Recruitment Process
- Training provided
Full training for the role will be provided with a 3 month induction period and then regular quarterly training sessions.
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Sessions will be 1.30-3.30pm on a Monday afternoon Flexible