We are looking for volunteers who can assist the community management staff in supporting our clients with ICT skills, thereby offering
increased opportunity for one to one coaching. You will help and support people to manage their own learning in order to maximise their potential and develop their skills and self-confidence. To also provide advice, support and coaching in ICT skills according to the specific needs of the community centre users.
1. To listen sympathetically and help clients to work out solutions to their learning problems.
2. To offer a flexible and responsive service.
3. To support the community centre older customers with ICT
4. Providing the opportunity for one to one sessions.
5. Generally assist colleagues and undertake other reasonable office tasks as agree with Charity Chairperson.
6. Liaise with the Chairperson to ensure that all tasks required to run the charity and its activities are covered.
Good communication and listening skills.
Ability to explain simple technical terms used in computing.
Competent in IT with an interest in sharing knowledge and skills.
Patience, flexibility and a good sense of humour.
A friendly and approachable manner with an ability to encourage and motivate.
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
Mileage costs @ 35p per mile up to a maximum of 10 miles per return trip.
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
This opportunity is available in the following areas: