The Signpost Service is a free and confidential information
service available to anyone affected by any type of disability. This role
involves helping people affected by disability in the Basingstoke and Deane
area, by signposting them to the appropriate agency for their enquiry.
You will assist clients with queries (without offering advice) via the following methods:
- · Respond to email enquiries submitted to our dedicated signpost email account, which should be checked and responded to ideally twice a week
- · Answer enquiries made by phone to the BDDF mobile, remembering that we are not an emergency service. The mobile should be checked for messages on a twice weekly basis.
- · Post out leaflets to non-computer users if necessary. All postage related expenses will be reimbursed.
- · Occasionally you might wish to offer 1:1 signposting at clinics and events.
- · Promote membership of BDDF
a signposting volunteer you don’t need any specific qualifications or
experience. You’ll need to be friendly and empathetic with good listening
skills, have good verbal and written communication, be well organised and
committed to the role. You will need respect for views, values and cultures
that are different to your own.
What will I get out of it?
By volunteering with BDDF you will:
· Make a real difference to people’s lives and have a positive impact of you community
· Learn about a range of issues that affect our clients including benefits and debt
· Build on valuable skills such as communication and problem solving
· Gain confidence
· Be able to work from home and still be part of a team
· Training will be provided
· Mobile phone & data will be provided for signpost service uses only
· Work experience
- Age restrictions
Over 18's only
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Recruitment Process
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 11/07/2019
End Date: 31/08/2020
Minimum of twice weekly checking of messages and emails. Flexible hours,working from home.
This opportunity can be carried out whilst working from home.