The Hampshire Library Service are looking for Service Families Library Volunteers to work alongside library staff in Rushmoor libraries to help improve what is available from the library to Service Families. This could include taking a craft session or hosting a storytime for children while their parent is taking a course in the library. It may be helping out at a coffee morning for Service wives, helping a tutor with paperwork for courses or acting as a signposter for other services the library could offer.
Needed at both:
Aldershot Library, 109 High street, Aldershot, GU11 1DQ
Farnborough Library, Pinehurst, Farnborough, GU14 7JZ
Friendly people who are:
- Able to enjoy a wide variety of tasks.
- Enjoy working with adults and children.
- Enthusiastic about libraries and what they can offer.
- Sympathetic and understanding around the needs of Service Families.
- Interested in crafts, would be very welcome.
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Training provided
Full and on-going training including HCC courses
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Expenses reimbursed
Consideration given to travel expenses
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Written role description
- Volunteer induction
- Ongoing support
- Health and Safety Policy
When can I volunteer?
We ask for a minimum commitment of 3 hours a week, up to a maximum of 6 hours a week.
This opportunity is available in the following areas: