Hampshire Library Services are looking for Service Families Library Volunteers to work alongside library staff in Farnborough Library to help improve what is available from the library to Service Families. This could include taking a craft session or hosting a story time for children while their parent is taking a course in the library. It may be helping out at a coffee morning for Service wives, helping a tutor with paperwork for courses or acting as a sign poster for other services the library could offer.
We are looking for friendly people who are:
- Able to enjoy a wide variety of tasks.
- Enjoy working with adults and children.
- Enthusiastic about libraries and what they can offer.
- Sympathetic and understanding around the needs of Service Families.
- Those interested in crafts would be very welcome.
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
Consideration given to travel expenses
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Recruitment Process
- Training provided
Full and on-going training including HCC courses
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
We ask for a minimum commitment of 3 hours a week, up to a maximum of 6 hours a week.