The Internet is a wonderful place for young people to learn, play games and interact with friends or other people with common interests. It is, however, important that they understand the basics of how to keep themselves safe online.
We are looking for a volunteer to do a one-off basic 'Internet Safety' talk to a group of 10-12 year olds attending our Young Carers Group. The talk would last around 15 minutes so wouldn't be a big time commitment but would be hugely valuable to these young people. Topics which you could cover in your talk might include:
* Keeping personal information private
* Risks of sharing images online
* Safety when interacting with strangers online (e.g. in chat rooms)
* How to deal with being exposed to inappropriate or upsetting material online
* Knowledge of basic Internet safety and of commonly-used social media sites
* Confidence in speaking to a group of young people
* Confidence in answering questions posed by the group
* Would need to be available ONE Wednesday evening in term time
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
You would need to do the talk on a Wednesday evening during term time as this is when the Club meets. The precise date would be to suit your preference/availability.
Mayfield Community Centre