No one should die because they needed first aid and didn’t get it. St John Ambulance teaches people first aid so they can be the difference between life and death, and you can help us do this. As a first aid volunteer you will be trained to a high standard to provide first aid treatment to patients at events covered by St John Ambulance in the community, at concerts, sports events etc. at local, regional and national level.
No previous training is required – it will all be provided – we just look for a desire to help people and the readiness to deal with situations that can be distressing.
Some of the the activities you could be involved in.
· Delivery of first aid to the public at community and commercial events as volunteered
· Ensure that equipment being used is fit for purpose, used correctly and is clean
· To report defects to equipment and any other operational issues as soon as possible
· To undertake training for role and keep up to date as needed
· To maintain patient confidentiality, health and safety at all times
· To keep appropriate patient treatment records; training received and volunteering hours
· Represent SJA in a professional manner and follow all appropriate policies and procedures
Willing to train as a first aider to support at events
Someone who is able to work as part of a team
Someone who has good communication skills, especially with the public and patients
Someone who has an interest in providing first aid to the public at events
An enthusiasm for the work of St John Ambulance and an appreciation of our values
Be physically fit for role.
Depends on event venue
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
Welcome Event (Induction) – 24th February 2019 0900-1700 At St John House, Stocton Close, Guildford GU1 1HA. Training for role (4 days) – 10th, 17th, 24th, & 31st March 2019 (0900-1700) St John House, Stocton Close, Guildford GU1 1HA
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Farnborough Unit Meeting Night 1930-2100 Tuesdays, other units meet on different evenings. Most duties occur at weekends. The closing date for this post is Sunday 3rd February 2019 and the selection event will take place on Monday 11th February 2019 19:30 until 22:00
This opportunity is available in the following areas: