We are currently seeking an experienced Events Coordinator to manage our small and large events. The Programme Secretary will have the responsibility of managing all events for the Branch. A successful candidate will be organized and be able to manage the logistics simultaneously. Responsibilities for the Events Coordinator include meeting with members to work out event details, plan with the client, scout and book locations, food, entertainment, staff and cleanup.
- Maintaining a working relationship with members and venues
- Understanding the complex needs and diverse requirements of different events
- Planning all aspects of events, such as venue, seating and guest list
- Ability to delegate event planning tasks to other staff members where necessary
- Strong knowledge of venues and vendor offerings while taking clients on tours of venue possibilities
- Coordinating event entertainment, including music, performers and guest speakers
- Attentive to the value of staying under budget while planning event specifications
- Issuing invoices and collecting payments in a timely manner, and creating comprehensive and readable financial reports.
- Managing and overseeing events on the day of, including problem-solving, welcoming guests, directing event set-up, communicating with staff, and managing take-down
- Communicating with marketing team to create effective advertisements for each event
- Anticipating and planning for possible different scenarios
- Creating sales opportunities for future events during client liaisons and during events
- Strong communication skills, and the ability to present event ideas and plans to clients.
- Age restrictions
Over 18's only
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Recruitment Process
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 01/08/2019
End Date: 01/08/2020
This opportunity is available in the following areas: