What will I be doing?
- Attending a variety of events including community and corporate events, as well as festivals.
- Manning our merchandise stand.
- Collecting donations in collection buckets
- Acting as an information source for members of the public; answering questions and promoting the work of HIOWAA.
- Assisting with setting up and setting down the event.
- Promoting our schools campaigns - Be a 999 Hero and Lifelines.
- Helping to recruit other members of the public to join the HIOWAA volunteer team.
You need to be a friendly, outgoing person with a confident and approachable manner, along with good communication skills.
As with all our roles, we at HIOWAA are completely flexible and you can give as much or as little time as you wish to give. This role is busy within the summer months with the winter months being quieter.
Although may vary from event to event.
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
All reasonable expenses will be reimbursed.
- Health and Safety Policy
- Training provided
You will be given full training to assist with events, along with regular updates about the charity.
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
This opportunity is available Countywide.