Marshals - We need marshals to help direct participants, supporters and the general public at events. They help with the smooth running of an event.
General helpers - Volunteers may be asked to help set up at an event, or help with the tidying up at the end of event. They may be asked to be a runner for a fundraiser.
Cheering Volunteer - Cheerers encourage and support runners participating at runs such as Southampton, London and Great South run where participants need encouragement to complete the course and cross that finish line. They are usually dotted along the length of the course
We always need volunteers over the spring and summer months and bank holidays, as this is when the majority of events take place. Additional support is also needed for Christmas and Corporate Events.
- You need to be warm and friendly and be comfortable to face the public.
- A reasonable level of fitness, as you may be on your feet for a number of hours.
- Able to be called upon at short notice for smaller events, so must be flexible, adaptable and confident to be working with limited supervision at times.
- Happy to collect donations in boxes and buckets.
- Event volunteers must be 16 years of age and over.
Please note most of our volunteer positions do require volunteers to be able to drive because of both the location of the hospice or because the fundraising events we attend may be held in locations where there is little or no public transport.
- Age restrictions
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
This opportunity is available Countywide.