Could you help us offer a vulnerable family an activity or day out to remember?
We’re currently supporting a number of families living in temporary accommodation and are in the process of arranging fun and engaging trips and activities to help support their physical and emotional wellbeing whilst awaiting resettlement into permanent accommodation.
To help deliver this program of activities, we’re seeking a number of volunteers to help us provide chaperone support and being a friendly face to the people we’re supporting.
Key activities include:
- Helping to guide and assist families attending planned activities
- Working with co-ordinator/staff to ensure activities progress safely
- Assisting the team with the setup and planning of activities where required
Who are we looking for?
- Team players who are happy to interact with families taking part in activities, offering a friendly face, and acting as a point of support.
- People who can maintain confidentiality and act with discretion, appreciating that you may come across sensitive information about vulnerable families.
- Someone who can proactively support others in line with BVA processes to provide a professional yet friendly service.
- Ideally an existing DBS certificate registered with the update service (a DBS check can be carried out if not)
- Willingness to undertake safeguarding training where required alongside an induction.
- DBS check required
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteers covered by insurance
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 06/10/2021
End Date: 31/12/2021
We are ideally looking to plan activities to take place either on either Tuesdays or Thursdays (between 10am-3pm) and at weekends (Saturday or Sunday between 10am-3pm). People who have availability to support at weekends are particularly encouraged to please apply, although weekday availability is also warmly welcomed.
This opportunity is available in the following areas: