We are seeking a finance professional, currently working or retired, looking for an interesting and rewarding challenge.
Hart CA is a member of national Citizens Advice providing free, independent, impartial and confidential advice on a wide range of issues to the local community. We do so through a team of trained volunteers supported by a management team operating from offices in Fleet and Yateley.
The role of the Treasurer is to oversee the financial affairs of Hart CA, ensuring its financial viability whilst complying with relevant financial regulations.
Guiding and advising the Board in the approval of budgets, accounts and financial statements, within a relevant financial policy framework
• Keeping the Board informed about its financial duties and responsibilities
• Advising on the financial implications of the Bureau's strategic plans and key assumptions in the operational plan and annual budget
• Ensuring that all Board members have a clear understanding of the accounts presented at meetings and the implications that they reveal
• Budgeting, forecasting and managing the Bureau’s cash
• Developing the accounting procedures and key internal controls to be able to assure the Board that the charity's financial integrity is sound
• Ensuring that a realistic budget is produced which meets all the Bureau's needs and that there is an appropriate reserves policy
• Monitoring the Bureau's income and expenditure position, and presenting reports to the Board at least quarterly, in a format accessible to the Board members
• Ensuring that full financial records are kept for all transactions, and that proper financial procedures and controls are in place to safeguard the Bureau's resources
• Preparing Financial Statement at year-end in compliance with the appropriate Accounting standards and the requirements of the Charity Commission.
• Ensuring that the Financial Statements are submitted to the Charity Commission and Registrar of Companies, within the deadlines set
• Presenting the Financial Statements at the AGM and drawing attention to important points in a coherent and understandable way
• Liaising with the Chief Officer about financial matters
• Playing a key role in planning a clear fundraising strategy to raise money for future activities and developments
You will have a strong financial background, be able to explain financial matters and the financial consequences of the strategic plan clearly and succinctly based on sound analysis. While a financial qualification is desirable, relevant experience is more important. Empathy with the types of issues faced by Citizens Advice Hart’s clients is also important.
The role is voluntary. Board meetings are held 8 times a year, currently remotely.
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
Where applicable and with receipts.
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
From other Board members.
- Training provided
Whee applicable if relation to trustee role. No training provided on finance.
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Board Meetings are held eight times a year. Currently remotely. Estimated time commitment is 1 day per week
C/O Civic Offices