Around the UK and across the world, nature is in steady, desperate decline. Wildlife and wild places are disappearing at an alarming rate. 10% of all UK species are now under threat. We're determined to stop this happening, but we urgently need your help.
Bucket collections are a fantastic way to fundraise for the RSPB. Collections can raise between £200 to £500 per day! Our Community Fundraisers are the local face of the RSPB and we are looking for enthusiastic volunteers willing to give as little or as much time as they can to help raise money to give nature a home.
Bucket collections are great for community engagement & for raising the profile of local reserves and projects. You can make them as local to you as you like, and we will support you through the process.
So, if you know that nature is in crisis and want to do something to help, then this could be your opportunity. Why not become a Bucket collection volunteer? This role can fit flexibly around your schedule and help raise money to give nature a home!
The RSPB enjoys the support of more than 12,000 volunteers who give the RSPB just under 11 million hours of their valuable time each year. Volunteers help with virtually every aspect of our work, and we cannot thank them enough for their generosity. Volunteers are the lifeblood of our work and we thank you for every hour of your support.
This role requires:
- Good communication skills and an ability to liaise with your local community links.
- A positive, smiley and friendly attitude
- Ability to enthusiastically engage and chat with passers-by
- Numeracy, record-keeping skills and the ability to handle cash reliably.
- Available to spare a few hours for a bucket collection, flexible to suit your lifestyle.
an opportunity for you to:
- Develop your fundraising skills and boost your CV.
- Make additional community links and meet new people in your local area.
- Raise money for a charity working to save wildlife and wild
Appropriate training, equipment and friendly support will be provided.
Expenses will be reimbursed as necessary.
No knowledge of birds required.
- Age restrictions
Over 18s (under 18's with a responsible adult)
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Recruitment Process
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
This opportunity is available in the following areas: