The Governing Body here at Westfields Infant School is seeking two new members. The Governing body is accountable for the school’s overall performance which is run on a daily basis by the Headteacher. We work closely with the Headteacher to set the overall aim and direction of the school and to monitor progress.
The Governors meet six times a year as a Full Governing Body (FGB). At these meetings we receive a detailed report from the Headteacher, review how we are doing against our aims, school development plan and agree the annual school budget.
We also have one
sub-committee - Resources - that covers finance, administration and
pay/performance. The Resources committee also meet 6 times a year, however only nominated governors attend this.
What do we need from you?
- An interest in and commitment to helping children achieve their very best in all aspects of school life – you will join us as a champion for our children
- An ability to listen to the ideas of others and pose questions in response – nothing is too silly to ask! Thinking ‘outside the box’ is strongly encouraged too
What we offer:
- A friendly, welcoming group of governors, all committed to making a positive difference to children’s lives
- Pacey, well- chaired meetings, allowing everyone to contribute, whilst making the most of everyone’s precious time
- Very slick admin support, making efficient use of everyone’s time to prepare for our meetings and to participate during the meetings
- Access to ‘on the job’ training, adding to governors’ confidence, skills and experience
To ensure the school fulfils its statutory duties - checking that policies are in place and all legal requirements are fulfilled.
Challenge and support the school leadership team - reading reports, attending meetings and asking questions to ensure that the school is continually moving forward.
To help shape the vision and direction of the school - we meet regularly with staff and parents to share our thoughts and ideas for the future.
Ensuring that the curriculum is broad, balanced and setting targets for pupil achievement.
Appointing the Head
Overseeing the schools finance.
The main requirement is an interest in and commitment to helping children achieve their very best in all aspects of school life – you will join us as a champion for our children.
You need to have the ability to listen to the ideas of others and pose questions in response – nothing is too silly to ask! Thinking ‘outside the box’ is strongly encouraged too.
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Recruitment Process
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Main elements of the role can be undertaken from home - however governors are requested to attend meetings of the governing body and also from time to time visit the school and get to know the teaching staff and children.