Greenfingers is a working horticultural project situated on a large allotment site in the centre of Basingstoke (South Ham). We work with a range of people who have various disabilities. These are primarily learning disabilities and mental health issues but can include some physical disabilities or even loneliness or a lack of confidence.
We are looking for volunteers to support the onsite team mentoring service users and contributing to the maintenance and furtherance of the project. Onsite volunteers will participate in our projects which change and improve the infrastructure. Especially:
- General DIY
- Construction of wooden sheds/conservatory
- Maintenance of existing buildings
- To lead various arts and crafts projects and mentor service users.
- Gardening experience would be an advantage
- A regular commitment is preferred (e.g half a day a week or more)
- An affinity with people with learning disabilities
- Great communication skills
- Friendly and patient.
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Recruitment Process
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
A regular commitment is preferred (e.g. at least half a day a week or more)
This opportunity has no specific location.
More Opportunities from Basingstoke Mencap