Home Library Service provides library material to people who are unable to make a personal visit to the local library and have no-one to do it for them.
The role includes:
- selecting and delivering material to suit the reading preferences of the customer and then also return items to the library
- reasonable travel expenses are reimbursed but must be agreed in advance with library staff
- At least one visit per month to at least 2 or up to 5 customers.
- Date and time of visits to be agreed between volunteer and customers.
- Aged 18 or over
- Valid driving license
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are essential
- Personal interest in reading is recommended.
- Able to lift and carry library materials
Volunteers need to be able-bodied as visiting clients in their own home.
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
All volunteers have an induction session which includes basic manual handling techniques.
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
One visit per month to between 2 and 5 customers.
236 Fleet Road