Interested in education? Looking for a fulfilling role in your local community? Then why not join Manor Junior School Governing Body?
Our Governors may come to us through a variety of routes and with a range of different backgrounds, skills and experiences, but they are all volunteers who work together for the benefit of the School.
We would be delighted to hear from anyone who has:
· An interest in the performance of the school.
· A desire to contribute to and represent the community.
· An open and enquiring mind.
· The ability to look at issues objectively.
What is the Governing Body's Role?
The Governing Body of our school plays a key role in:
- Setting targets for raising standards of educational achievement.
- Monitoring progress towards meeting these targets.
- Finding the right balance between supporting and challenging the performance of the head teacher.
- Deciding policy and future development plans
· Communication and interpersonal skills.
· No prior experience is necessary, although if you have a background in business this could prove advantageous.
· Availability to visit the school from time to time during the school day, both to observe its work and to be a visible presence on behalf of the governing body.
· Becoming a school governor is an excellent opportunity to give something of real value back to the local community.
· The role is varied and yet doesn't 'take over your life'. It's also an ideal way of sharing your life experience / business knowledge and can be incredibly advantageous for those looking for 'board' level experience.
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Recruitment Process
Application Form Interview References
- Training provided
HCC Governor Training Program
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
There are 12 meetings per year of the Full Governing Body starting at 7pm on Wednesday evenings.
Fernhill Road, Cove, Farnborough, Hampshire, GU14 9DX