We are Hampshire Scouts and everyone's welcome here. All genders, races and backgrounds. Every week we give almost half a million people aged 6-25 the skills they need for school, college, university, the job interview, the important speech, the tricky challenge and the big dreams: the skills they need for life.
You'll find us in every community across Hampshire, from trekking in the New Forest National Park to kayaking in Portsmouth Harbour or flying high in Farnborough. We get up to lots of activities right on your doorstep so you're probably not too far away from a group right now.
This only happens thanks to hundreds of volunteer leaders, trustees and managers who make it all happen. We've been doing this for more than 110 years now so we have a wealth of experience at our fingertips.
That's why we're looking for someone to lead the External Communications for Hampshire Scouts. You'll be great at building relationships with our non-members, such as journalists and the wider community. Line managed by the Assistant County Commissioner for Media and Communications, you'll have a passion for telling the world all about the brilliant activities our young people and adult volunteers get up to, with an emphasis to encourage people to join and grow our brilliant movement.
- Knowledge and experience in planning, managing and delivering press and external communication work programmes within a large, complex organisation.
- Experience of managing work programmes and projects, and developing briefs, plans and procedures.
- Excellent copywriting, editing and proofreading skills, with good grammar and literacy.
- Age restrictions
Over 18's only
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Recruitment Process
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
This opportunity is available Countywide.