Purpose of this role is to:
- To support our Training staff to provide quality learning experiences
To provide support to the Training Education and Consultancy team with administration tasks
Some of the tasks that you may be involved with are:
- Create, review and refine learning resources across our online and classroom courses
- Identify and review other learning opportunities supportive of our learners
- Enter evaluation data onto system
Photocopying and preparing resource packs for training courses
There are other general responsibilities and expectations set out in the Volunteer Agreement which you will need to sign before starting work with us.
We are always looking for help with the various events we put on. We may ask you if you would be willing to join in. There is no obligation, but this could be an additional activity you could get involved in.
You will receive:
- A full introduction to the site and to the tasks we need you to do.
- Training in relation to Health & Safety and any other training relevant to the tasks you do.
- Attend any in-house staff training as appropriate.
A review meeting with your named contact at least
once every six months.
- An understanding of Teaching and Learning practices
- Computer literate - knowledge of Word and Excel
- Good organisational skills
- Be able to create effective learning resources
- Problem solving – be able to work on own initiative.
Good communication – consult with the relevant staff
member about given tasks.
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Recruitment Process
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Time commitment to be discussed with organisation. This role is available on any weekday.
The Geoffrey Udall Centre