Our collection vans collect furniture from local families who no longer need it (i.e. tables, sofas, beds) and redistribute it to families who urgently need help in the local area. We are looking for friendly volunteers who are able to give a hand each week. It is a varied role with typical tasks being:
Moving donated items from the quarantine store to our main building
- Moving white goods
- Assembling bunk beds
- Clearing leaves (we have a blower!)
- Minor DIY on some donated goods where needed (not essential)
- Keeping the compound clean and tidy
We are looking for volunteers Tuesday- Thursday 9.30am-2pm - just helping out for one shift a week would be wonderful!. We would ask volunteers to commit where possible to a regular day each week.
No qualifications are necessary, but we are looking for volunteers who:
- Are physically fit and able (as many of the goods are very heavy)
- Are aged 18+
- Are dependable and happy working alone where required
Volunteers need to be fully mobile as often accessing client's homes.
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Recruitment Process
Informal chat and trial period.
- Training provided
Manual Handling and Health & Safety training.
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
9.30am-2pm Tuesday to Thursday - volunteers can help 1 or more days.