Assisting the Luncheon Club Coordinator to promote the groups aims - to provide a friendly and enjoyable
environment for social interaction and a low cost nutritional meal. Helping to prevent loneliness and encourage friendships between members who attend.
Main Tasks/Activities include:
- Setting up tables for Lunch Club.
- Serving food and clearing tables.
- Cleaning and tidying the kitchen and Lunch Club area.
- Creating a welcoming and friendly atmosphere.
- Engaging with members of the Lunch Club.
- Treating all members with respect and dignity.
- Enthusiasm, caring, compassionate and patient.
- Understanding of the needs older people face.
- Reliable and committed.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Age restrictions
Over 18's only
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Recruitment Process
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 12/07/2019
End Date: 31/07/2020
Luncheon Club runs on Tuesdays from 10:30am to 2:30pm (including food and table preparation time and cleaning and tidying). Volunteers are on duty on a rota basis. Lunch will be provided.