1. Prepare, cook, present and serve food to recognised high standards to ensure a professional service.
2. Ensure that current health and safety and environmental health and hygiene standards and other appropriate regulations and procedures are maintained within the catering facility (e.g. BFH / COSHH) and food storage is carried out to approved British standards.
3. Plan healthy and nutritious menus in a cost-effective way to the service taking into account any nutritional and dietary requirements and member opinion.
4. Ordering of food, catering and cleaning equipment required, from appropriate sources ensuring adherence to strict budgetary control, and in liaison with Corps Officer(s), following procurement guidelines.
5. Go shopping weekly, to ensure all provisions are ordered or bought in advance and maintain effective stock control.
6. Ensure all equipment and machinery in the catering facility is cleaned and maintained at a safe and serviceable level.
7. Keep Corps Officer(s) up to date with the performance of the catering service and notify them of any problems with cooking, cleaning, ordering supplies or equipment required to perform an effective service.
8. Record and report any accidents or incidents within the catering facility.
9. Ensure members are treated in a friendly manner, with courtesy and respect at all times.
10. Supervise the work of
Assistant Volunteers and provide training where necessary.
1. Good knowledge and experience of preparing and serving food including the use of kitchen tools and equipment.
2. Up to date knowledge of food hygiene requirements pertaining to food
3. preparation, cooking and storage (we can give access to the appropriate training).
4. Proven experience of dealing with the general public and providing good customer service.
5. Proven ability of keeping written records (e.g. menus, hygiene records) and working within budgets.
6. Current Food Hygiene Certificate or willingness to undertake qualification and complete within agreed time.
7. Motivated and enthusiastic.
8. Ability to communicate well with good interpersonal skills with people of different backgrounds
9. Ability to work as part of a team and supervise others.
10. Ability to remain calm under pressure.
11. Good organisational skills with the ability to work within defined guidelines and regulations.
12. Ability to be flexible with working hours.
- Age restrictions
Over 18's only
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Recruitment Process
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 12/07/2019
End Date: 31/01/2020
Luncheon Club runs on Tuesdays from 10:30am to 2:30pm (including food preparation time and cleaning and tidying). Volunteers are on duty on a rota basis. Lunch will be provided.