Do you have a passion for recycling? Could you help a few hours every other week to sort through donations that can be sent for recycling and converted into funds for local charities? This this opportunity might be for you!
Village Magpies are looking for a volunteer to help them every other Thursday with the following tasks:
- Sorting all donations into various categories (i.e. bread bags, pringle tins, coffee packaging etc);
- Discard any non-recyclable items or sort ready to divert to other similar schemes;
- Box up sorted 'streams' ready to be shipped
- Willingness to get stuck in and get 'your hands dirty' (gloves will be provided)
- Eye for detail to ensure correct sorting
- Happy to focus on one continuous task
Would suit a Duke of Edinburgh volunteer although volunteers will require transport and supervision.
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Recruitment Process
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 29/01/2024
End Date: 30/04/2024
The activity will take place on a Thursday evening in Rotherwick every other week.
C/O Rooks Farm