We are currently looking for volunteers to join our 'Meet & Greet' 121 reception team located in Odiham. We are looking for someone for Monday and Thursday evenings between 3:30pm and 7:45pm as well as someone who may be able to cover any evening on an ad hoc basis. If you are free on any weekday late afternoon or evening and would like to help out occasionally, we'd love to hear from you!
Nothing too arduous as the aim of the role is to support our counsellors by meeting their clients and helping them feel at ease whilst they await their counselling session.
Role involves the following and a full induction will be given:
- Three to four hours of your time per session. Be prepared to unlock the building and lock up at the end - you will be shown how to do this.
- Ensuring the counsellor(s) have everything they need.
- Meeting 2-5 clients, staying with them, making sure they are comfortable until their counselling session begins.
- Being prepared to answer any questions from parents within guidance boundaries.
We are looking for volunteers who are:
This is an ideal opportunity to understand how a counselling service runs and also to have exposure to counsellors in between their clients.
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Recruitment Process
- Training provided
Including boundary and safeguarding.
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Slots for regular volunteers: Monday and Thursday 3:30-7:45pm Ad-hoc cover volunteers - Any weekday late afternoon/evening. It's fine if volunteers can only offer cover on specific days!
Odiham Cottage Hospital