We want all our visitors to get the most out of their visit. Our Welcomer and Explainer volunteers will be on hand to engage with visitors and explain the processes necessary in the making of our fabrics.
• Engaging with our visitors and being available to answer their questions
• Be up to date in how the machinery works, what we are currently weaving and the history and stories of the Mill
• Stewarding our internal exhibitions
• Directing visitors around the Mill
• To report any concern to the Volunteer Coordinator • To take part in any relevant training
• To adhere to the Volunteer agreement, and Volunteer Policy
• To comply with, and implement, the Equal Opportunities Policy and procedure, together with all other agreed policies and procedures of the Whitchurch Silk Mill
Friendly manner, welcoming and efficient, methodical and organised. Ability to work on own initiative.
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Recruitment Process
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
When can I volunteer?
This opportunity has no specific location.