Main Tasks/Activities Include:
1. To pick up members from their home and return them home.
Tuesdays – 9:00am to 10:30am.
Tuesdays – 1:30pm to 3:00pm.
2. This job has a degree of flexibility so additional hours may be added. Additional tasks may include:
a) Collecting/Dropping off donated items.
b) Occasional day trips for small groups
3. To assist members from their pick up point, to the vehicle and from the vehicle to their destination and to have due consideration for the safety and comfort of the customers.
4. To perform the prescribed daily vehicle and safety equipment checks and immediately record and report any defects which become apparent.
5. To immediately report and record details of any accident or mishap, no matter how minor, and to secure witnesses to same.
6. To ensure that Salvation Army procedures are met in respect of:
Vehicle and associated equipment checks.
Health & Safety Policy.
7. To inform the Corps Officer(s) immediately if they incur penalty points on their driving licence.
8. To report any passenger comments or complaints.
To undergo any training as
defined by Salvation Army Policy.
1. A current, clean and valid driving licence D1 unrestricted (held for at least 2 years).
2. Experience driving a large vehicle (although training will be given).
3. Ability to undertake vehicle checks and carry out basic maintenance.
4. A pleasant, patient and helpful personality.
5. Ability to communicate with a range of different people.
6. Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
7. A flexible approach to working arrangements.
Good organisational ability.
9. A geographical knowledge of Basingstoke.
- Age restrictions
Over 18's only
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Recruitment Process
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 12/07/2019
End Date: 31/01/2020
Tuesdays from 9:00-10:30am and 1:30-3pm (lunch will be provided in between these hours, if wanted). Volunteers are on duty on a rota basis.
This opportunity is available in the following areas: