Can you help provide wheelchair and mobility equipment to the local community?
As a Mobility Aids Spoke Volunteer will be on hand to deal with wheelchair requests and enter details onto a database. This key role will enable people to return home after an illness or surgery and help them to remain independent or go on a holiday or trip with friends or family. The beneficiary is at the centre of everything we do.
Typical tasks include
* Taking calls and enquiries from people wanting to borrow a wheelchair
* Giving information about other Red Cross services, where appropriate
* Updating service user records and other administrative tasks using computer based systems
* Demonstrating how to use and look after our wheelchairs
* Receiving and recording donations
Full training will be provided.
Basic computer skills.
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Training provided
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Expenses reimbursed
Travel and reasonable food
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Written role description
- Volunteer induction
- Ongoing support
- Health and Safety Policy
When can I volunteer?
Gillies Health Centre