We're looking for volunteers with Nepalese and/or Hindi fluency to support Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service in their local community by raising awareness of fire safety and fire prevention specifically within the Nepalese community.
What will you do?
* To visit households as requested by the Service to conduct Home Fire Safety Visits with the occupier, to include identifying fire hazards and inspecting/fitting smoke alarms if required.
* To liaise regularly with the nominated person to receive details of visits to be carried out
* To complete the relevant paperwork and return it to the Service in the agreed timeframe
* To participate in local safety promotion initiatives and safety events
* To participate in activities to generate home fire safety visits
You will need to be able to commit to an average of four hours a week in one session.
You will receive full training to undertake this role effectively.
You will also receive:
* A full induction into the Service to help you understand your role, what we do and why we do it
* Regular feedback and support
- Nepalese/Hindi speaking would be a distinct advantage
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A commitment to deliver excellent customer service
- Reliable, responsible and trustworthy
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Friendly, confident and approachable manner
- Willingness to work as part of a team and abide by specified procedures and processes
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Training provided
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Expenses reimbursed
- Equal Opportunities Policy
home visits mean some premises may not be accessible
- Volunteer induction
- Ongoing support
- Health and Safety Policy
When can I volunteer?
This opportunity is available in the following areas: