The purpose of this role is to support our Fundraising staff by doing a wide range of administration tasks.
Some of the tasks you may be involved with include:
- Answer the telephone and answer queries/pass on calls.
- Prepare or amend documents as needed using excel or word.
- Help department with mail outs.
- Enter data on to database.
There are other general responsibilities and expectations set out in the Volunteer Agreement which you will need to sign before starting work with us.
We are always looking for help with the fundraising events we put on. These are usually at weekends. There is no obligation, but this could be an additional activity you could get involved in.
You will receive:
- A full introduction to the site and to the tasks
- Training in relation to Health & Safety and any other training relevant to the tasks we ask you to do.
- Attend any in-house staff training as appropriate.
A review meeting with your named contact at least
once every six months.
- Computer literate - knowledge of word, excel and PowerPoint and data entry.
- Reliability – be able to commit to a set time and day each week.
- Problem solving – be able to work on own initiative.
- Pleasant telephone manner – be clear and concise when taking telephone call and passing on the message.
Good communication – consult with the relevant staff
member about given tasks
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Recruitment Process
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Part time or full time role, minimum of one day per week (weekdays).
The Geoffrey Udall Centre