The Governing Body here at Velmead Junior School is seeking four new members.
Whilst one of these vacancies is for a Parent Governor, the other three are to be Co-opted Governors from the local community. Co-opted governors are members of the school community who can offer ‘life experience’ to the work of the school …
What do we need from you?
- An interest in and commitment to helping children achieve their very best in all aspects of school life – you will join us as a champion for our children
- An ability to listen to the ideas of others and pose questions in response – nothing is too silly to ask! Thinking ‘outside the box’ is strongly encouraged too
What we offer:
- A friendly, welcoming group of governors, all committed to making a positive difference to children’s lives
- Pacey, well- chaired meetings, allowing everyone to contribute, whilst making the most of everyone’s precious time
- Very slick admin support, making efficient use of everyone’s time to prepare for our meetings and to participate during the meetings
- Access to ‘on the job’ training, adding to governors’ confidence, skills and experience
The main requirement is an interest in and commitment to helping children achieve their very best in all aspects of school life – you will join us as a champion for our children.
You need to have the ability to listen to the ideas of others and pose questions in response – nothing is too silly to ask! Thinking ‘outside the box’ is strongly encouraged too.
We are especially interested in individuals with a background in business - in particular Finance / Law or Data.
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Main elements of the role can be undertaken from home - however governors are requested to attend meetings of the governing body and also from time to time visit the school and get to know the teaching staff and children. Meetings of the full governing body are held from 7pm – 9pm on Wednesday evenings and are held monthly; the calendar of meetings is published in September for the year ahead.