Hampshire Specialist Parenting Support Service is a new service commissioned by Hampshire Clinical Commissioning Groups to support parents and carers who have a child with
- a diagnosis of ADHD
- a diagnosis of Autism or
- have challenging behaviour suggestive of a conduct disorder, or
- are teenagers displaying anti-social behaviour.
We deliver a selection of evidence-based parenting programmes to groups of up to 12 parents at a range of venues across Hampshire. The aim of the service is to help parents and carers understand the emotions and feelings that drives their child's behaviour and to develop positive strategies to help them manage their child's emotions and behaviour.
HSPSS volunteers help the team to deliver parenting groups in community settings. The work we do can be challenging but is also very enjoyable, making a real difference to the lives of children and families.
- Support practitioners to prepare group resources
- Assist with setting up for group delivery
- Meet and greet arrivals and get them signed in
- Support some of the group work activities
- Emotional support to parents as required
- Once trained, co-facilitate some of the parenting delivery
- Ideally you will have attended one of our courses OR have experience of delivering evidence based parenting programmes OR be a social work student
- If you don't have this experience we can arrange for you to shadow one of our courses to gain that insight
- A non-judgmental/ Flexible attitude alongside good listening skills
- Sensitive to others needs and emotions and able to demonstrate empathy
- The ability to share skills, interests or activities with people.
- To attend on-going training and supervision
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Training provided
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Expenses reimbursed
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Written role description
Depends on individual workshop location
- Volunteer induction
- Ongoing support
- Health and Safety Policy
When can I volunteer?
Minimum requirement of one 3 hour session a week, with some opportunities for evenings. Session times will be 9-12am, or 12-3pm, or 6-9pm.
This opportunity is available in the following areas:
More Opportunities from Barnardo's