Our Patient Experience volunteers are based at Frimley Park Hospital. The role involves guiding patients and their families through an on-line survey where they can share their experience of Frimley Health Trust. The information collected is then utilised to help evaluate the Trust's perfomance.
- Collecting the computer tablet from the 'Patient Experience' office and following guidance from the Patient Experience lead volunteer regarding the ward areas to visit.
- Announcing your arrival to the nurse in charge when visiting wards, and explain the purpose of your visit.
- Introduce yourself to patients, relatives and visitors on wards, providing a friendly and positive impression of the hospital.
- Guide patients and their families through the survey tool being used.
- Ensure the computer tablet is sanitised between patients.
- Return the tablet to the 'Patient Experience' office and ensure it is docked in the charging device.
- Alert supervisory staff to areas of concern.
- Keep all information given or discussed within the hospital confidential.
- Attend relevant training sessions provided by your department.
- Demonstrate the Frimley Health Trust values in actions and behaviors.
We are particularly looking for volunteers who are:
Friendly and enthusiastic with excellent communication skills.
Reliable and trustworthy
Sensitive and tactful
Able to approach patients and visitors in a confident and caring manner.
Comfortable using a hand-held computer tablet to conduct surveys.
Understanding of, or ability to learn, personal and professional boundaries.
Volunteers can be aged 16+ - students welcome.
To promote public confidence and allow effective hand hygiene volunteers are required to be smart, clean, tidy and of modest appearance. To further meet with agreed hygiene criteria volunteers must be bare below the elbows.
- Age restrictions
16+ students welcome.
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
Yes. Parking with receipts. Travel expenses are also reimbursed either with receipt or petrol at 45p per mile up to a journey of 20mile round trip. Refreshments and lunch voucher.
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
Volunteers will be expected to attend 1 x 1.5hr induction session. These will be held during the day at Frimley Park Hospital.
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Volunteers will ideally volunteer for approximately 4 hrs a week and able to commit for a period of 12 months.
Frimley Park Hospital
Portsmouth Rd, Frimley,