Do you want to make a difference to our Armed Forces Community? Are you an organised person (or group/corporate) who is friendly and approachable? If so our Poppy Appeal Organiser or Joint Poppy Appeal Organiser is for you!
As a Royal British Legion volunteer or group, you’ll be joining the UK's leading Armed Forces charity, the heart of a national network that supports our Armed Forces community through thick and thin – ensuring their unique contribution is never forgotten.
This role covers the two week period leading up to Remembrance Sunday in November based in Morrisons in Farnborough.
Morrisons will count and bank all the donations so your role would be focused on supporting volunteers and organising stock drop-offs at Morrisons. There would also be preparation tasks (home-based) before the Poppy Appeal to order stock, organise volunteers and rotas. Finally, there would be some admin tasks after the appeal.
The role can be taken on by an individual, a group or a local business.
- Be a point of contact for, publicise, promote and organise the Poppy Appeal in your area.
- Develop links within your local community to raise awareness and funds.
- Order, store and distribute poppies and other fundraising items for the appeal.
- Take responsibility for recruiting, supporting, and deploying a network of fellow volunteer Poppy Appeal Collectors to help you.
- With the support of the Poppy Appeal Manager, carry out an annual review of your Poppy Appeal.
We are looking for a great administrator, an organised person and a real team player. You will be a person who:
- Is passionate about supporting the British Legion and the Armed Forces community and committed to acting in li9ne with their policies and procedures.
- Is comfortable planning and coordinating resources and people.
- Has strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Is comfortable with using IT.
- Has excellent time management.
- Has an ability to volunteer independently but also as part of and when leading a team.
You will be well-supported as a volunteer and will receive full training as well as a designated member of staff to help and support your Legion volunteering.
- Age restrictions
- Current Driving Licence
However, access to a car is required to transport wreaths, collecting tins etc. Also please note that you will need to inform your insurance company that you are volunteering.
- DBS check required
Volunteers will be asked to complete a self-declaration. Please note that this role involves cash handling.
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
Any out-of-pocket expenses will be reimbursed with supporting receipts subject to terms highlighted in our expenses policy.
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
Supported by a Community Fundraiser (CFR) or Fundraising Relationship Assistant (FRA).
- Recruitment Process
2 references are required
- Training provided
Induction training and Poppy Appeal Organiser Handbook; regular updates and contact with your designated member of staff; an annual Seminar event
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
This role is flexible and can be done when it suits you. We are looking for volunteers to help us with preparations throughout the year and then with the actual collections at Asda in November.