CSW Intensive Family Support Service support families who are experiencing, or have experienced, challenging or difficult things in their lives to achieve goals together and move forward from difficult times as a stronger family unit.
Positive Living Volunteers will work both alongside our Family Support Workers and independently with families, offering practical solutions to help build confidence and motivations towards sustaining the outcomes on the agreed “family plan”.
There are various ways as a volunteer you can help our families to take steps to positive living and improve their lives such as:
- Helping parents to complete forms
- Attending appointments with them
- Building on parenting skills
- Helping them work towards employment or interests in training or education
- Helping younger members of the family to explore ideas and join social groups and clubs
- Taking part in tasks such as shopping and trips out
- Improving confidence and skills using IT
Whilst the Family Support Worker will give you regular support and mentoring as your relationship with the family becomes more independent it allows the FSW to support additional/new families in need.
- Role perfect for someone who is compassionate and enthusiastic about helping vulnerable adults and children. Training and support will be provided – previous experience not essential.
- An awareness or knowledge of mental health issues, although not essential, would be an advantage
- Empathy and understanding is as important as skills and experience
Full driving licence and use of a car essential
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
Mileage reimbursed at 45p per mile
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Recruitment Process
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 30/04/2019
End Date: 30/04/2021
Flexible but Monday-Friday preferred
This opportunity is available in the following areas: