To promote the Charity’s work through the creation of, and use of, material across print and broadcast media.
Communications – Press and PR write and distribute press releases in order to widely publicise the work of the Charity ensuring consistency of corporate branding and messaging through all media.
Research print media to identify those that will take editorial and supply well-written copy accordingly.
Take photographs of station events etc. where necessary.
Liaise with station management in order to respond to the stations publicity needs. Assist in the planning and promotion of the Charity’s various campaigns including major events.
Act as spokesperson for the charity where needed.
Liaise and maintain good links with other organisations as required
Maintain library for press cuttings and media exposure.
Develop and maintain good working relationships and liaison with other members of Basingstoke Community Radio.
Establish effective working relationships with other members of Canine Partners staff, volunteers, clients, contractors and other stakeholders as necessary.
Promote the Charity’s work, assisting with demonstrations and in fundraising and awareness events as appropriate.
Perform any other reasonable task as required by Basingstoke Community Radio
We are looking for someone who has the following values:
• Good listening and communication skills essential
• The ability to manage a programme of work and prioritise tasks with minimal supervision
• The ability to write and communicate succinctly and clearly
• An understanding of the principles and implementation of an equal opportunities policy
• A caring, sympathetic, sensitive manner and a non-judgemental approach
• have a positive outlook and enthusiastic
• willingness to work without direct supervision
- Age restrictions
Not suitable for under 18s
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Recruitment Process
- Training provided
You will be given induction training into the various aspects of the work. You will receive on-going training and peer support at regular Volunteer meetings.
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 07/06/2022
End Date: 17/01/2023
Flexible but would ideally like someone to stay for at least 6 months to make full use of the training and support offered.
This opportunity can be carried out whilst working from home.