Are you a friendly and welcoming person who is interested in supporting young families? Do you enjoy walking and being outside? Then this rewarding role could be for you!
This role involves supporting the Ready Steady Mums Rushmoor group in Aldershot on a Thursday. These arefree, fun and informal social walking groups for new parents to give them the chance to meet other local families as well as the motivation to get out in the fresh air and get fit. Everyone is welcome! The walks are pushchair friendly and last for 40-50 minutes. We are looking for volunteers to chat to parents in the group and make everyone feel welcome. In addition, useful information is shared with the group including the latest health information. The walks are organised by Hampshire Healthy Families which is a partnership between Southern Health Foundation Trust (NHS) and Barnardo’s.
The same role is available in Farnborough on a Tuesday morning. For more information, please see - https://www.volunteernorthhants.org/opportunities/ready-steady-mums-rushmoor-tuesday-group-farnborough-7271951/
Do you have:
- A wish to volunteer with children and adults
- Good listening skills with a caring approach
- Patience and friendliness?
- A ‘people person’ who is positive and encouraging
- Open-minded and flexible in your approach
- Willing to input your hours into our online volunteering system each time you volunteer;
- Happy to provide satisfactory references and for Barnardo’s to complete a DBS check before you start your role?
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
Reasonable expenses are reimbursed with receipts
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Recruitment Process
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
The walk starts at 10.30am every Thursday at Tescos in Aldershot. Ideally volunteers should arrive by 10.15am.
Tescos Supermarket (MEETING POINT)