Delve into a world of weird and wonderful resources; explore the Aladdin’s cave that is the RCS Scrap Box. Our bite-sized scrapstores offers a range of colourful creative materials that will inspire and stretch imaginations. From tiles and tubes, to fabric and foam… come and have a rummage! Nothing goes to waste - Our goal is to reduce landfill waste, and promote the reuse of waste materials. Our clean and safe resources are recycled from business waste, from off-cuts, surplus stock and end of line products.
The Scrap Box is open to all, whether you are part of a large school with a need for educational and play resources, or an individual who enjoys hobby crafting or upcycling and we are looking for volunteers who can provide general assistance to the weekly running of our Scrap Box project.
Duties will include -
* General stocking up, organising and preparation of materials to display in store
* Greeting existing and introducing new members
* Offering advice for membership enquiries and checking data.
* Cash handling
* Offering advice with queries from members regarding their creative projects.
* Carrying out the preparation and production of craft packs
* Developing ideas and displays
* General Scrap box Admin duties
* Communicating with businesses for donations via telephone.
The project is run on Tuesdays between 9.30am - 1.00pm & 1.00pm - 4.00pm. Thursdays between 10.00am - 2.00pm.
We are looking for community minded volunteers who are polite, friendly and have an approachable manner. You must have the ability to work well with other volunteers as part of a team and can give from 3.5 to 6 hours commitment a week.
An interest in creative skills and environmental issues (recycling) would be desired.
- Suitable for under 18s
- DBS check required
- Training provided
Full training on all store assistant responsibilities will be provided, including a general Health and Safety induction.
- Volunteer policy
- Covered by insurance
- Expenses reimbursed
25p per mile.
- Equal opportunities policy
- Written role description
- Volunteer induction
- Ongoing support
All volunteers are highly valued and a key to our success. We will aim to provide opportunities for personal development within your role.
- Health and safety policy
Oakridge Hall for All
More Opportunities from RCS Ltd
Oakridge Hall for All, Forsythia Walk, Basingstoke